Get ready for an ooey gooey good time with homemade Glow in the Dark Slime, the perfect Halloween craft. This easy homemade recipe will have your kids squealing with delight as they squish and play with this slimy goo. During this time of year when candy is plentiful it is nice to have a fun alternative for party favors and classroom treats, and this Glow in the Dark Slime is the perfect solution.
Homemade slime recipe
2 Elmer’s white glue bottles (4oz)
3-4 tablespoons glow in the dark paint
Neon food coloring
1 teaspoon borax
1/2 cup warm water
1. Pour the glue into your bowl. Fill the empty glue bottles with warm water, place the lids back on and shake well. Pour the watery into the bowl and mix with a spoon.
2. Add 2-3 drops of food coloring to the glue until you get the desired color you are looking for
3. Stir in the glow in the dark paint and mix
4. Add the borax to the glue mixture. At this point you will need to get your hands dirty and mix the slime until it becomes a slightly runny consistency. If you want it thicker simply add more borax, runnier just add more water.
5. Put the slime in mini black cauldrons for a gouhlish good time! If you are giving them as party favors you can place the cauldrons in clear cellophane bags and tightly secure them with ribbon.
Your kids will love helping make the slime, but the fun really starts when they get to play with it! While it is fairly easy to clean up I’d recommend playing with it outside or putting down an easy to wipe tablecloth. Happy Halloween!