It’s almost time to get back to school, but there are still a few more summer days to get through. At this point you may be running out of ideas to eliminate the inevitable “Mom, I’m bored!” sighs. For you we have compiled this list of activities to beat the boredom!
Check out our Beating Summer Boredom Board on Pinterest!
1. Make homemade popsicles (doubles as heat and boredom combatant)
2. Find your inner artist and make portraits of the family pet, or make your own pet rock
3. Be tourists for a day: Find points of interest, historical sights and attractions in your hometown or nearby towns.
4. Eat fresh and support your community by attending your local farmer’s market
5. Search for local food festivals nearby, there are tons to choose from in the summer months
6. Slather on the sunscreen and head to the water park
7. Go for a nature walk at a local state park or hiking trail
8. Make moon sand together, then play and mold for hours
9. Be trendsetters with homemade macaroni necklaces and bracelets
10. Let the little ones create greeting cards to send to friends and family
11. Get a head start on gathering this year’s school supplies
12. Label all of those school supplies with a Name Bubbles School Pack
13. Make your own sidewalk chalk and let the driveway be your canvas.
14. Choreograph a play or dance routine to perform for mom or dad when they arrive home.
15. Bring your favorite Disney or Pixar movie to life!
Cinderella + princess makeovers
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs + spaghetti and meatballs dinner
Planes + paper airplane races
Tangled + paper lantern craft